How do I file a claim against an estate?
A standard claim form (PR-1819) can be obtained online from Wisconsin Courts. The completed form, along with the statutory $3 filing fee, must be filed with the Register in Probate prior to the expiration of the claims date. The last date for filing claims can be obtained by either calling the Register in Probate, viewing the publication, or checking online to review the court record. A copy of the claim should also be provided to the Personal Representative and/or Attorney of Record. Once the claim has been satisfied, a Receipt of Claim (PR-1815) must be sent to the Register in Probate by the claimant.

Show All Answers

1. What is Probate?
2. Do a decedent’s assets always have to go through probate?
3. How do I file a claim against an estate?