Q: Who does the ADRC serve?

A: ADRC serves individuals 60 years and older and individuals over the age of 18 who have a disability. Also, we provide information and assistance to all community members (family, friends, professionals) working with issues related to aging and dementia, physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, mental health issues, and substance use.

Q: What does the ADRC do?

A: The ADRC provides long term care options counseling, screening for publically funded long term care programs (Family Care and IRIS), and information and assistance on home care, nutrition, financial assistance and benefits, and housing options.

Q: When is the ADRC open?

A: The ADRC is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. There is always a staff member to assist during those hours or by appointment. We are closed weekends and major holidays.

Q: Where is the ADRC located?

A: The ADRC is located at the Government Center at the corner of Hammond Ave. and Belknap St. The address is:
1316 N 14th St
Suite 327
Superior, WI 54880 

Q: Where do I call to speak to someone?

A: Call 715-395-1234 to speak with an Information & Assistance Specialist who can assist you.

Q: What is the charge for ADRC services?

A: There is no charge for ADRC services. Depending on your needs, you may be referred to outside services that are subject to cost.

Q: Do I have to give my name?

A: No, you do not have to give your name when you call. We typically request a name in order to provide follow-up and accurate customer service.

Q: Do I have to come to the ADRC office?

A: No, we are able to conduct home visits or assessments in the location of your choice.

Q: Do I have to let ADRC staff come to my home?

A: That is your decision. While we seek to provide the best assessment of needs in your environment, we are available to meet at the location of your choice.

Q: Are ADRC services ongoing?

A: The ADRC seeks to provide information and assistance to the community and connect individuals with resources. We do not provide ongoing case management but will provide follow up to ensure your needs are met.

Q: Does the ADRC assist with prescription drug planning, Medicare, and insurance questions for people over 60?

A: The ADRC has an Elder Benefits Specialist who can help you connect to resources for Medicare, Part D plans, and supplemental health insurance.

Q: Can someone help with applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)?

A: Yes. The ADRC has a Disability Benefits Specialist who is available to help with the paperwork and application materials for SSI and SSDI.