Accessory Buildings

The permitting process for any accessory building in Douglas County requires:

  • Obtaining a land use or conditional use permit from the Douglas County Zoning office
  • Possibly obtaining a building permit from the town. Check with the town to verify if a building permit or UDC inspection is required for the building 

Permits are required for all accessory buildings regardless of their use or size.